Laboratory Technologist/ Technician- Full Time
The Laboratory Technologist/Technician performs duties such as Chemistry, Urinalysis, Serology, Hematology, Blood Bank, and Bacteriology tests to provide data to the health care provider for the purpose of diagnosing, treatment, monitoring and prevention of disease. The Laboratory Technologist/Technician also collects blood specimens from patients and assists patients in collection of such specimens as urine, blood, feces, or tissue. Responsibilities include receiving specimens from outside clients, accessioning/ordering tests in the Laboratory Information System (LIS) and processing specimens for referral to the Reference Laboratories.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, or
- Bachelor of Science in a chemical or biological science from a 4-year accredited college or university
- Associate degree in Medical Technology, or
- Associate Degree in a chemical or biological science from an accredited college or university
- Board registered with one of the national registries associated with Laboratory practice (ASCP, NCA, NRCC, AAM, etc.)
- Maintains a Washington State Health Care Assistant License Category A
- Experience as a Laboratory Technologist/Technician in a rural hospital setting with on-call experience preferred.
- Previous experience with phlebotomy preferred.
- Previous experience with a Laboratory computer system including word and excel processing required.
SALARY: Full Time, Fri. ,$28.79- $40.30, DOE
Pay: $28.79 to $40.29/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20-060