Hospital Eligibility and Prior Authorization Specialist - In-House Only
Responsible for a variety of functions related to insurance coverage, eligibility and prior authorization. The position researches patient eligibility and required authorizations, medical procedures, medical testing, patient medications, system work queue correction, and works with Case Manager to complete daily preregistration work queues of errors and/or omissions.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required, AA/Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of college or business education is preferred
- Must obtain CPC (Coding Certification) within 18 months of accepting position.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred
- Must stay abreast of industry standards and trends
- ICD-10 & CPT Coding knowledge
- Medical and Pharmaceutical knowledge
Shift: Full Time, 8 Hour Shifts, Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 4:30PM
SALARY: $19.75 - $24.90/hour DOE
Pay: $19.75 to $24.90/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21-027