Laboratory Manager- Full Time, Internal Candidates Only
Directs, supervises and oversees the functions and activities of the laboratory services; consults with and advises the Administrator on problems and accomplishments relating to the operation of the hospital in assigned areas of responsibility; recommends changes in policy, facilities, equipment and programs in order to achieve the institutions goals and objectives; follows direction of the Administrator on the assignment of special projects. The Manager of Laboratory Services specifically manages the Laboratorys quality assurance, education, proficiency testing, competency validation, safety programs, and Point-of-Care testing coordination. Supervisory responsibilities of technical personnel include but are not limited to hiring, promoting technical personnel, scheduling, evaluation of performance, and day-to-day resolution of problems that arise between staff members. In conjunction with Administration, is responsible for budget, productivity, and financial aspects of the laboratory.
- Meets the qualification requirements specified by CLIA 88 and State as a general supervisor, or
- Bachelors degree in clinical laboratory science, one of the specialty areas, or one of chemical or biological sciences, or equivalent, preferred.
- Registered with one of the national registries associated with laboratory practice (NCA, ASCP, NRCC, AAM, etc.).
- Maintains a Washington State Health Care Assistant License Category A.
- Eight years leadership/supervisory experience in a rural health care laboratory system required/preferred.
- Five years on-call experience preferred.
SALARY: Full Time, Mon - Fri , 8 Hour Shifts, Exempt, Salary $36.27- $50.77, DOE
Pay: $36.27 to $50.77/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20-062